Books Available for Purchase
Forgotten Passages: Crittenden County, KY History and Genealogy, Volume 1
Recently published is Forgotten Passages by Brenda Travis Underdown. The 289-page hardbound book contains articles about Crittenden County history and genealogy. Price is $30 (includes S&H) and can be ordered by sending a check to:
139 Oak Hill Dr.
Marion, KY 42064
Contents of the book are listed here. Click here for a PDF of the index.
Dycusburg, Kentucky: A Glance at Her Past
Cost: $70; Note: Book has once again sold out
More than 400 copies of Dycusburg, Kentucky: A Glance at Her Past have been sold since it was published in 1999.
The book, 443 pages, is hardbound with gold-embossed lettering and is out of print. If you're interested in ordering a copy (REPRINTS IN EARLY 2008), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sections of the book include:
- Dycusburg history
- Dycusburg school records
- Dycusburg Methodist church records
- biographies of prominent Dycusburg citizens
- anecdotes and photographs
- Masonic Lodge records
- Dycusburg cemetery listing
- Yancy cemetery listing
- Federal census records
- Dycusburg police docket (1874-1902)
- Dycusburg newspaper abstracts.
The following titles are out of print. However, these may be special ordered. Please e-mail Matthew T. Patton for pricing information.
- Louis Patton Families, Vol. 1: Details ancestors and descendants of Louis Bible Patton (1836-1915) and his wife, Sarah A. (Parsley) Patton (1840-1922) (married 1859). The couple moved from Laurel Co., Ky. in 1878. Allied lines include Parsley, Biebel (Bible), Cloyd, Clingan, Bibb, O'Brien, Kinsolving, Bell, Travis, Brasher and McClure. Red hardbound book includes a full-name index. Published in 1993. 226 pp.
- Louis Patton Families, Vol. 2: A companion piece to the first volume, this book contains much more additional information about the ancestors of the couple. Also includes years of Patton family newspaper abstracts. Both volumes include numerous family photographs. Red hardbound book includes a full-name index. Published in 1994. 252 pp.
- McKinney-Howard and Related Families: Ancestors and descendants of Vincent McKinney and his wife, Nancy Newton and Greenberry Howard and his wife, Lurany (Lorena) Conniers (Conyer) Howard. Children of Vincent and Nancy were: William A. McKinney (Martha Pace); John N. McKinney; Mary E. McKinney (J.N. Brown); Mariah J. McKinney (Alfred Newton Durham); James Harrison McKinney (Rowenna Jane Childress); Prudence V. McKinney; Calvin McKinney; Joseph Newton McKinney (Irene Pearl Bryan and Alice Martin); Sarah Ann Elizabeth McKinney (James Wesley Grimes); Lorena E.A. McKinney; Thomas Jefferson McKinney (Martha Attison Howard); Martha C. McKinney. Children of Greenberry and Lurany were: Nancy Jane Howard (John Newton Pace); W.H. Howard; Hiram Green Howard (Mary S. Brown); Elizabeth Agnes Howard (George Pace); Dana Anne Howard (Sam Burklow); Charles Robert Howard; Higdon Conyer Howard (Lucinda A. Brown); Samuel Howard; Thomas Howard; Calvin Howard; Accasia Clementine Howard (George Crittenden Kirk); Martha Attison Howard (Thomas Jefferson McKinney); Harriet Howard. More than 120 photographs are featured in this book. Blue hardbound book includes a full-name index. Published in 1993. 296 pp.
- Frances, Kentucky: Days Gone By: The book contains nearly 200 pages of information on the town, including census records, cemetery listings for area cemeteries (Old Duvall, Crider slave, Duvall #1, James I. Hill, Jackson slave, Glenn and Martin, Caldwell Springs, John W. Oliver, Koon, McWaters, Brasher-Eberle, Holder, James and Mary Jane Polk-Duvall, Burklow, Willingham, Asbridge, Redd, Perkins, Hard, Owen, Oliver, Frances Presbyterian, Stephenson), historical documents, biographies of families and citizens of the area, newspaper abstracts, school church histories, mine history, several photographs, and supplemental information to the Dycusburg book. Many pages of the book are available for previewing as PDF documents here. Maroon hardbound book includes a full-name index. Published in 2002. 194 pp.
- The Churches of Crittenden County, Kentucky: The most comprehensive history of the churches of the county. Includes a full-name index. Published in 2003. Softbound (hardbound by request). 221 pp.
- Francis Marion Doom: Ancestors and Descendants: A small volume of information about the families of Francis Marion Doom and his wife, Addie Lee (Duncan) Doom. Published in 1994. Softbound only. 40 pp.
- Weston, Kentucky: Once Upon a Time: Co-authored with Bonnie R. Gass, this book details the rich history of the once-booming Ohio River town and the families who lived there. Tan hardbound book includes a full-name index. Published in 2002. 301 pp. (Note: Not available through this site).
- Weston, Kentucky: Once Upon a Time, Vol. 2: A companion piece to the first volume. Tan hardbound book includes a full-name index. Published in 2003. 250 pp. (Note: Not available through this site).
Questions? Call 215-285-0920 or e-mail email@example.com. Please note: As of June 2006, returned check fee is $50. Money orders are preferred.